Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Some introductions are in order.

The LawDog Files is a nicely-turned bit of prose cranked out by a close personal friend and colleague of mine in the world of Texas criminal justice. LawDog has ridden with me on more than one occasion on patrol, and I imagine that I'll keep him company on a run or two in return, if schedules allow. We shoot, and talk, and generally establish that many of the world's problems can be addressed satisfactorily over a cup of strong tea. I never can remember if he likes milk in his cup before or after the tea is poured.


Holly is my stepmother, married to the aforementioned cantankerous old fart that is my father. She typically signs her missives to me with ESM, for Evil Step Mother. For some reason, she thinks that I will answer to SNSS (Snot-Nosed Step Son). Holly's strong-willed, and educated, and decent. She rears good kids, and treats my father well. And what, really, could you want beyond that?

Tamara is an enigma. 6 feet of former model, she has a scary mind for military history and guns, with a little sportbike thrown in for good measure. Notice that I didn't qualify what kind of guns. Tamara lately likes S&W revolvers (especially N Frames) and 1911s the mostest, but she's been a moderator on GlockTalk, and has not real prejudice against any guns that reliably go bang. I have hunted for deer with Tamara, emptied bottles of decent beer with Tamara, and talked about gear with Tamara. And I'll have to say-- I'm a better man for it. (We're gonna do it again, if the group can get schedules to mesh again.)

I'd like to post my brother's blog, but I'll leave to him to out his ownself if he likes. The boy can surely write, and he cracks me up with regularity.

Others, like Oleg Volk, and Kathy Jackson, you can also find in my links. I'll put more in as I think of them.

The people that you find in my Links are, you see, my friends and influences. They're not just folks that I put up in hopes of getting a reciprical link. If I'm linking them, it's because they represent to me a quality that I don't believe you'll find anywhere else.

Our time is limited, so I won't steer you wrong. Too many people waste our time as it is.

4 Comments:

At Monday, October 09, 2006 9:19:00 PM, Blogger LawDog said...

Milk first, then tea.

 
At Monday, October 09, 2006 11:02:00 PM, Blogger Papa Ray said...

I can say I hate hot tea, but Iced down with a shot of lemon, no suger I'm set to try and do almost anything.

When I have to actually not do anything, I add a double shot of vodka.

(Dr's orders, no bull, two drinks a day, no more, no less.) I sometimes have one of them (the shot of vodka) in the morning.

V8, tall glass, one shot of Vodka, ten to fifteen squirts of Tabasco, sprinkle good with black pepper...stir.

NO Ice, just icebox cold.

Great way to start the mornings, before I start breakfast for my Sweet Sarah and get her to school.

Thank you for blogging and sharing your thoughts.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

 
At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 9:40:00 AM, Blogger HollyB said...

I do believe that is one of the nicest compliments I've ever been paid. But I remember correctly, YOU are the one who named yourself SNSS, you Sarcastic Needling Stepson. :P
ESM [EvilStepMonster]

 
At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 9:41:00 AM, Blogger HollyB said...

Oh, yeah, thanks for the Link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.